PLAYXPERT ANNOUNCES NEW IN-GAME WIDGETS FOR MMO GAMERS
PLAYXPERT ANNOUNCES OPEN BETA; NEW IN-GAME WIDGETS FOR ALL PC AND MMO GAMERS
Hundreds of Changes Incorporated From 15-Month Closed Beta Test
SANDPOINT, IDAHO – AUGUST 6, 2008 – PlayXpert, provider of next-generation in-game community management tools for all PC and MMO gamers, today officially launched its Open Beta which includes hundreds of new features that resulted from gamer feedback over the past 15 months.
“We have invested a tremendous amount of time and energy in making our in-game platform solid for our users,” said Charles F. Manning, President/CEO of PlayXpert. “Changes include new features and widgets, enhanced usability, a new product skin, and performance enhancements across the overall system.”
PlayXpert is a completely customizable platform giving gamers, game developers, and the modding community the power to build new in-game widgets without the engineering challenge of developing in-game overlay. PlayXpert has published its widget application programming interface (API) so that community-built widgets can be delivered for its ecosystem.
The PlayXpert installation, available for free download at www.playxpert.com, includes these new features:
- PlayXpert Friends Widget – Provides a single widget bringing together all friends and rosters from various chat systems and combining them into an integrated, in-game roster for communication and collaboration. PlayXpert supports gateways into various networks including GTalk, Yahoo, Xfire, MSN, ICQ, and Sony Station Friends™.
- Vivox Voice Widget – Provides out-of-the-box VOIP support for gamer-to-gamer communication and group communication via channels and rooms.
- Wowhead Widget – Provides in-game access to Wowhead for quest and item research for World of Warcraft.
- Wikia Widget – Provides in-game access to all Wikia gaming communities including: World of Warcraft®, Final Fantasy®, Guild Wars®, The Matrix Online™, Star Wars Galaxies™, EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, PlanetSide®, Tabular Rasa®, and others.
- Web Browser Widget – Provides a universal web browser to research, optimize, and browse while players are in game.
- PC Diagnostics Widget – Provides in-game access to key performance indicators about CPU, memory, bandwidth, and process utilization.
- Tunes Widget – Provides in-game access to all of users’ music on iTunes or WinAmp.
PlayXpert has also released a new Widget Gallery which allows users to download ancillary widgets developed by PlayXpert or the community. Manning highlighted, “The power of community-driven innovation is now available for universal in-game add-ons. Because PlayXpert works across all games and provides an open/free API for non-commercial use, the development community is free to make new widgets that bring key tools in to the game experience.” Widgets available at the time of print include: Google Gadget Widget (enabling over 40,000 Google gadgets to be run in-game); a Command Line Widget (providing command line access to your PC); and an Armory Widget (in-game access to the Armory for WoW players).
The PlayXpert platform of in-game tools is geared toward any PC or MMO game and utilizes an in-game overlay technology that works with any game using DirectX®. This unique approach means that without code modifications, PlayXpert automatically works without any dependencies on hardware or games. PlayXpert supports DirectX 8, 9, and 10.
For more information and to download PlayXpert for free, please visit www.playxpert.com.
PlayXpert will exhibit at the Austin Game Developer Conference Expo, September 16-17, 2008.