Game Guides of AION
NCsoft has distributed game guides with details about two of the essential contents of the PVP update 2.7 for Aion.
Guide 1 – Padmarashka’s Cave
Padmarashka’s Cave is a new 48 man Instanced Dungeon
introduced in Aion Patch 2.7, based on the Dramata world boss
encounters (Sematariux and Padmarashka) that were introduced in Aion
Patch 2.0 (which have been removed for 2.7).
Tiamat and Siel, the Dramata, and the Assault on Balaurea
The Balaur have begun to withdraw from Inggison and Gelkmaros,
marking the assault on Balaurea a success. However, this was not the
Empyrean Lords’ first attack on the Balaur homeland. Before the
Cataclysm, Siel’s Spear Legion entered Balaurea to put a stop to the
horrors of the Udas Temple, a torture den dedicated to Dragon Lord
The attack culminated in a colossal battle between Dragon Lord Tiamat and Siel….
…Tiamat heaved forward, crushing Siel beneath its scaly hide. The
Lady of Time tried to escape, but Tiamat slammed down its claws,
pinning her. The Dragon Lord reared back, a blaze building in its
throat, as another fire ignited deep within Siel.
Tiamat’s head lurched forward, flames licking through the cracks
between its teeth. The Dragon Lord opened its maw, and Siel exploded in a
brilliant light. Radiance burst forth from the Lady of Time, hurling
Tiamat back. The earth cracked and buckled, opening chasms at Siel’s
feet, and for an instant the whole of Balaurea was consumed in light….
Centuries after Siel’s death in the Cataclysm, the children of the
ten remaining Empyrean Lords entered Balaurea, determined to take the
fight to Balaur once again. Tiamat’s forces were to be the first line of
defense, but soon fell back, unable to stem the tide of Daevas flooding
into Balaurea. Tiamat has since ordered the Balaur to retreat,
including Sematariux and Padmarashka, the two Dramata. Sematariux and
Padmarashka are each responsible for fostering thousands of Drakan
children, and are crucial to the Balaur war effort. While Sematariux
abandoned its eggs without hesitation, Padmarashka remained despite
Tiamat’s orders—a disparate mother devoted to its children. Sematariux
is responsible for the deaths of countless innocents, inflicted by its
own malice and through its children.
With the Balaur in retreat, Padmarashka now stands as the final
obstacle to conquering Inggison and Gelkmaros. Confront Padmarashka, and
secure the path to inner Balaurea where Tiamat awaits!
Entering Padmarashka’s Cave
Padmarashka’s Cave is located north of the Forest of Antiquity in
Inggison and in the south of the Earthfang Gorge in Gelkmaros. The
entrance to Padmarashka’s Cave is located in both Inggison and
Gelkmaros. To enter Padmarashka’s Cave, each player in the Alliance will
need the Padmarashka’s Cave Key, which can be obtained from the Balaur
outside the entrance to Padmarashka’s Cave in both Inggison and
Balaur warriors stand guard in the Forest of Antiquity and Earthfang
Gorge—slay them for the Padmarashka’s Cave Key. Only one Padmarashka’s
Cave Key can be carried in the player’s cube, however, an infinite
number of Padmarashka’s Cave Keys can be deposited in a Pet Bag,
allowing players to carry more than one. When entering Padmarashka’s
Cave, the key is consumed, and should the player want to re-enter, they
will need another key.
Padmarashka’s Cave is split into three areas: Reian Foothold,
Padmarashka’s Cave, and Padmarashka’s Nest. At the Reian Foothold,
players can collect a few Quests from the Reians, and purchase basic
Piloti at the Reian Foothold offers a few Quests to complete in
Padmarashka’s Cave, and also sells basic supplies. Continue from the
Reian Foothold into Padmarashka’s Cave, where Padmarashka’s Balaur
defenders roam. Clear through the area and proceed to Padmarashka’s
Padmarashka is defended by several Balaur warriors who roam
Padmarashka’s Cave. Padmarashka’s Nest is the final area of
Padmarashka’s Cave, and upon entering, players will notice that
Padmarashka is protected by a shield, which can be dispelled by slaying
Padmarashka’s Protectors.. This shield grants Padmarashka the Protective
Slumber buff, rendering it invincible to all attacks and also causing
all attacks to be reflected.
These four monsters needed for dispell the shield are Padmarashka’s
Chief Medic, Padmarashka Sartip, Padmarashka’s Elite Captain, and
Padmarashka’s Elite Commander. With these four defeated, Padmarashka can
The Dramata are horrific foes with powers that rival even the Dragon
Lords, and Padmarashka is no exception. Wielding enormous teeth and
claws with more than a dozen devastating skills at its disposal,
Padmarashka could be the most fearsome encounter in all of Aion.
The Padmarashka encounter can be broken down into three phases, and
the effects of the previous phase will carry over into the next phase.
To succeed, the Alliance will need to manage the unique circumstances of
each phase in addition to Padmarashka (which can be quite a handful in
Padmarashka begins the encounter with two main skills—Destructive
Claw and Venomous Claw. Padmarashka alternates attacking with these two
abilities, both of which inflict massive damage, and also apply a
debuff. The Destructive Claw debuff will cause Venomous Claw to inflict
additional damage, and the Venomous Claw debuff will cause Destructive
Claw to inflict additional damage.
To combat this, either have two tanks on Padmarashka bouncing enmity
between the Destructive Claw and Venomous Claw attacks, or use a single
tank with well timed cooldowns and several dedicated healers (however,
depending on the tank’s experience and equipment, this might not be
Padmarashka uses breath and tail attacks, inflicting damage in a wide area.
Padmarashka will unleash more abilities as the encounter wears on,
including Padmarashka’s Roar, an area of effect attack which inflicts
massive damage, and Chilling Gaze, which paralyzes all targets in an
area of effect for 10 seconds.
Padmarashka’s Chilling Gaze causes paralysis for 10 seconds, however, it can be dispelled.
Padmarashka applies numerous debuffs, some of which can be dispelled,
and others which cannot. The Padmarashka encounter is healing intensive
on both the tanks and the Alliance, and thus it is important to bring
several healers and ensure those healers know who to heal and remain in
range of their healing targets.
In addition to Padmarashka itself, there are three different phases
to the Padmarashka encounter that each present their own unique
In the first Phase, Padmarashka begins summoning additional monsters
to the battle. Padmarashka summons Balaur warriors from the instance
entrance, and hatchers and eggs containing Neonate Drakan at the back of
Throughout the encounter, hatchers and eggs containing Neonate Drakan
spawn at the back of Padmarashka’s Nest. It is best to defeat these
enemies as soon as possible or the Alliance risks being overwhelmed. To
accomplish this, consider splitting the Alliance into separate Groups
and assigning those Groups to attack the monsters spawning in different
In this phase, Padmarashka begins summoning huge eggs containing
Veteran Drakan, which can inflict colossal damage and wreak havoc if
allowed to hatch from their eggs. Padmarashka’s hidden egg contains a
terrifying Veteran Drakan—destroys it before it hatches!
When a huge egg is summoned, a system message displays “The huge
hidden egg is finally revealed,” at which point a huge egg will spawn
in one of the sand pits located around Padmarashka’s Nest. Destroy the
eggs and their guardians as soon as possible to avoid being overwhelmed.
When Padmarashka is at low health, the ceiling of the cave collapses
around the edges of the room, necessitating that the Alliance moves to
the center. Cave Collapse can inflict damage in excess of 100,000! In
the final phase, avoid the edges of the room at all costs! When the
ceiling caves in, a system message displays “The cave starts to crumble
from Padmarashka’s might,” at which point areas around the cave will be
affected with Cave Collapse.
In this phase, it’s important that all players remain aware of their
surroundings, and ensure that no one is standing in a Cave Collapse, the
Padmarashka tank or tanks in particular!
Expect the Padmarashka encounter to last some time, and while the
damage and sheer scale of the encounter can be overwhelming, the key to
success is assigning players to handle the different phase mechanics,
while the tank (or tanks), healers, and a handful of damage dealers work
on Padmarashka itself.
Guide 2 – Arena of Discipline
The Arena of Discipline, part of the Crucible Coliseum, is a 1 on 1
duel between two players. Just like the Arena of Chaos, you will need
an Arena Ticket in order to enter the competitive version of the
instance and earn any reward. Be aware that each of the competitive
versions of these instances consumes 1 Arena Ticket, so you will have to
choose where you wish to use your one daily entry. You will, however,
be able to enter the training version of the arena at any time and as
often as you like.
You may only enter the competitive version of the Arena of Discipline
at certain times, however the Training version is always open.
- Arena of Discipline – Plaza of Struggle
- Arena of Discipline – Red Sand Arena
- Arena of Discipline – Collapsed Wind Tower
- Arena of Discipline – Abyss Bridge
Arena of Discipline – The plaza of Struggle
- Basic Info
- 2 stories with 4 different staircases. These make for excellent glide points.
- Controlling the center object is important for points and recovery.
- An interactive object worth 200 points will appear in the middle of
the Plaza. If you are able to grab it, you will also gain a temporary
- 2nd floor of the North side: A narrow and walled corridor for protection, escapes, and disorientation.
- South of the 2nd floor: A wide open ledge where ranged attackers can freely fire upon their enemy below.
- The second level of this arena is excellent for ranged classes to gain
an edge over their opponent. Likewise, melee classes can use line of
sight to make their ranged attackers come to them!
- [2nd Floor, North Side] The
narrow passage is blocked by stone walls. There is an opening in the
wall in the middle that makes for an excellent glide point.
- [2nd Floor, South Side] This side of the upper level is completely
open. While also vulnerable to ranged attacks from the ground, a ranged
attacker can use this area to their definitive advantage.
- The battle for bonus points is sure to be fierce! Make sure you have a strategy.
- In addition to bonus points, you will also recover some HP!
Arena of Discipline – Red Sand
- Basic Info
- The smallest arena.
- There is a monster that will attack players as they battle.
- You will receive bonus points for defeating the monsters.
- One of two types of monsters will periodically spawn.
- Red Sand Brax (100 pts): Periodically uses a Wide Area Stun ability.
You cannot use Remove Shock to break free from this stun.
- Red Sand Tog (100 pts): Uses Bleeding and Silence skills and can detect advanced stealth.
- Tog Manger (0 pts): Spawns with the Red Sand Tog. If you destroy the Manger, the Tog will momentarily stop attacking.
- The arena slopes down as you reach the center. If jumping from the
outer part of the arena, you can glide to close the distance or for
- Red Sand Tog’s Bark is a 16m AoE that silences and binds. Use the
slopes to glide out of its radius if you’re too close when he begins to
- Red Sand Arena is the smallest of the Coliseum battle zones.
- Either a Brax or a Tog will spawn periodically. Each are worth points and have their own ways to disrupt the fight.
Arena of Discipline – Collapsed Wind Tower
- Basic Info
- Open flight battlezone.
- Lava eruptions will frequently burst into the air, causing damage.
- Blessed Artifact (100 points) will appear randomly at either the top or the bottom of the map.
- At regular intervals, lava will erupt from the bottom of the map,
knocking you down and dealing a moderate amount of damage if you are in
the blast area.
-In addition to the damage taken, the lava burst will often times cause
you to become stumbled. Some classes can even use this as a guaranteed
way to trigger their powerful
- Remove Shock chain abilities.
- Not only is it dangerous to land in the lava, but it will periodically
erupt into the air, causing damage to all players around the blast.
- Lava baths are not relaxing.
Arena of Discipline – Abyss Bridge
- Basic Info
- The battle takes place on a narrow and dangerous bridge over a chasm.
- There are no safe landing areas,if you drop from the bridge, you will fall to your doom.
- A treasure box will appear in random places on the bridge that holds
Coliseum consumables. Some of these will restore HP/MP, while others
can be used for attack and defense!
- Falling from the bridge will cause you to die.
- There are broken sections of the bridge that are dangerous to fight around. Be careful!
- The bridge also has large stalagmites that can be used as cover from ranged attacks.
- You may want to turn off your Auto-Approach Target option for this
stage. There are far too many dangers for you to risk not having full
control over where your character is headed!
- There are many dangers on the Abyss Bridge. One wrong step could cost you your life (and 100 points)!
- Jump the Chasm! Just be careful that your enemy isn’t waiting to root you when you do.
- The Treasure Boxes contain very useful items, but they will disappear if not used before the end of the match.